Corbett Barr’s Affiliate Marketing for Beginners
Corbett Barr is pretty cool. Not only is he currently living in Mexico but when he isn’t hanging ten down by the beach he actually lives in San Francisco, which is a place that I’ve been trying to move to since 2007. He also runs a blog called Think Traffic that Darren Rowse comments on (!) and makes a butt load of cash from affiliate marketing.
I know I kind of missed the boat on this one (mainly because I was running amok in Thailand), but sometime around Fall 2010, he released a course called Affiliate Marketing for Beginners. I was tempted to check out this product primarily because he said he pays his San Francisco rent with affiliate marketing (FYI, SF is really expensive) and I would very much like to pay rent in San Francisco too someday. Strange how small bits of what people write can really hit home with you.
I took a look at this course and I was quite shocked. It was really eerie how pretty much everything in the course is basically the stuff that I do. I guess the only real difference is that Corbett builds “mini-sites” where as I build 30-page sites. But that is basically the only difference. I guess that just goes to show that there really is no “secret” to making money online. It’s just the same simple things done over and over again :)
This is very similar to AffiloBlueprint, which is how I got my start. Corbett shows you how to set up a small niche site and get traffic to it. He takes the time to really explain the basics and doesn’t leave anything out, so if you’re a newbie, don’t worry. You won’t be overwhelmed with talk about affiliate cookies, SEO techniques, link wheels, conversion rates, CPC/ROI/CPM/FML gobbledygook–at least not right out of the gate.
Here is a break-down of what is covered in the course:
- The whole course is run online. You get access to a website where you can go through the course. This is great because it makes the info really easy for Corbett to update. Don’t worry, you’re not going to get some kind of 3-year-old outdated e-book here. In fact the whole thing is also interactive, which means you can post any sort of questions and Corbett will write back to you with his input.
- Corbett shows you actual sites that he built to make money with affiliate marketing. I actually make about $200 smackers / month in one of the same niches myself (which sadly isn’t going to pay my non-esistant SF rent any time soon–but you know, drop by drop…).
- You don’t need to go into this with any sort of technical skill. Corbett will show you everything you need to know, so don’t worry if you don’t have a degree in computer science and make a nauseatingly high salary at Microsoft (like one of my friends from the University of Washington–the jerk!).
- The modules for this course include: how to find a niche, keyword research, getting a bad-ass domain, building a mini-site, writing content, and getting traffic to your site. There are also advanced topics too.
If you’re thinking about getting into affiliate marketing, this course is a great way to start. But if you’ve already got something like AffiloBlueprint, then there is going to be a lot of overlap and you can probably pass on this. Don’t get me wrong, both are great courses, but they also cover a lot of the same (highly effective) material.
If you’re considering getting Corbett Barr’s Affiliate Marketing for Beginners course and you are new to the world of affiliate marketing, I say you’re in good hands :)
In fact if you get this course though my dangerously placed affiliate link below, I will receive a commission (which I will use to buy Corbett a beer if I ever get the chance to meet him). But, I’ll make this a win-win for both you and me. I’ll give you some bonuses to sweeten the deal. I’ve done a little bit of poking around and I haven’t seen anyone else offer bonuses for Corbett’s program, so as far as I know, this is the only bonus package for Affiliate Marketing for Beginners.
If you buy through my affiliate link before July 15th, 2011 (a little more than 5 months from now), just contact me, and I’ll send you 4 awesome PDF’s that I wrote about things like keyword research, niche selection, how to connect with your niche, and how to adopt the mindset for success with affiliate marketing.
…and claim my bonus package, which will complement Corbett program nicely.
Other Popular Posts:
- Clayton Is a Dirty Money-Grubbing Sell-Out!
- AffiloBluePrint 3.0 Is Out (I Promise, This Will Be the Last Post About AB3)
- Odds and Ends About AffiloBlueprint 3.0 (Plus a Bonus–Is This Something You’d Want?)
- Quitting Your Job vs. Moving Toward Passion